Processing of personal data
Recognition collects and processes the data you’ve provided when sending a message via our contact form, registering to receive our newsletter, and / or data captured by Google Analytics when you use our website(s).
Below is an overview of the personal data we process and store if you register to receive our newsletter or send us a message via our contact form :
- Email address
This is the personal data we process if you’re a visitor of www.recognitionbxl.com :
- Login information: we store some data in server logs that include, but are not limited to:
- Internet protocol address
- The external website that referred you
- The pages you visited on our website
- Time and date of each page visited by you
- Details on how you use our services
Device information: we can collect device-specific information e.g. hardware type, version, etc.
Local storage: using browser web storage, application data caches, and other mechanisms on your device, we can collect and store your data (including personal data).
Recognition processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to respond to your questions or comments
- the execution of your newsletter subscription which can be withdrawn at all times.
Recognition doesn’t make any use of your personal data in the context of profiling or (solely) automated decision making.
Duration of storage of personal data
Recognition does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods:
- Newsletter : When you’re a newsletter subscriber, 1 year after your unsubscription.
- Contact form : Should you send us questions via the contact form, we will collect the data entered on the form, including the contact details you provide, to answer your question and any follow-up questions. We do not share this information without your permission. We will, therefore, process any data you enter onto the contact form only with your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. An informal email making this request is sufficient. The data processed before we receive your request may still be legally processed. We will retain the data you provide on the contact form until you request its deletion, revoke your consent for its storage, or the purpose for its storage no longer pertains (e.g. after fulfilling your request). Any mandatory statutory provisions, especially those regarding mandatory data retention periods, remain unaffected by this provision.
Transfer of personal data
Recognition never sells your information to third parties.
Recognition only provides your personal data to a third party if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. We choose our partners carefully to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data with the companies who process your data commissioned by us. Recognition remains responsible for these transactions. If a business needs to process your data on our behalf, we require a Data Processing Agreement from the third party.
Our current work process includes a transfer of data with the following parties:
Your personal data rights
You have the right to request Recognition :
- to correct incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data. Should any of your personal data change during your membership, please make the changes in your profile directly or inform us as soon as possible.
- that personal data shall be erased when it’s no longer needed, if the processing of it is unlawful or – in case the processing is based (solely) on your consent – if you revoke your consent.
- to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation or restriction the processing of your personal data in specific cases.
You can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that the request has been made by you, we may require you to send a copy of the front of your ID. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible to your request (within the required month) and free of costs.
Protection of your personal data
Recognition takes the protection of your data seriously and takes the appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted publication, and unauthorized modification.
Should you have any complaints on how we process your personal data or if there are any indications of abuse, please contact us via recognitionbxl.com. We will make every effort to reply as soon as possible and take into consideration any suggestions from your end. If you feel that we do not sufficiently assist you, you can lodge a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority.
Our site contains links to activate functions of social networks (or social media services, hereafter referred to as “service” or “services”). Clicking one of these links will technically connect you to the service without leaving our site. This discloses your IP-address and that you visited one of our websites to the service. These services are:
Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Irland Links on our site, that connect you with Facebook, are marked with the Facebook logo (“f”).
Privacy Guidelines: http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php
Twitter International Company, One Cumberland Place, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, D02 AX07, Ireland
Links on our site, that connect you with Twitter, are marked with the Twitter- logo (a little bird).
Privacy Guidelines: http://twitter.com/privacy
Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA
Links on our site that connect you with Instagram are marked with the Instagram logo (a camera).
Privacy Guidelines: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy
If you click one of these links or other externals website links while being logged in at the relevant service, the information that you visited our site may be registered in that services user account. You can avoid this by logging out at the relevant service before you click the link.
Recognition uses analytical and tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet, or smartphone when you first visit a website. We place cookies that keep track of your browsing on our site so we can offer you customized content and advertisements. Upon your first visit to our website we have informed you about these cookies and asked permission for their placement. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser preferences specifically to not store cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. Cookies are also placed by third parties. These are e.g. advertisers and / or social media companies. Below an overview:
- SERVERID112363 : used by OVH servers to process MySQL queries.
- wordpress_test_cookie: this cookie is used so that the contents manager WordPress checks whether the browser has the cookies activated.
Should you be adverse to the collection of cookies by this Website or any other Website, there are actions you can take with your personal Web browser settings.
Web browser settings can be adjusted to perform one or more of the following actions: delete all cookies, block all cookies, allow all cookies, block third-party cookies, clear all cookies when you close the browser, open a ‘private’ browsing session, install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality as it pertains to cookies.
Please click on the links below to access more information and learn how to adjust cookie settings for a particular web browser.
- Internet Explorer
More information on cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
SSL or TLS encryption
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser’s address line when it changes from “http://” to “https://” and the lock icon is displayed in your browser’s address bar.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
Recognition reserves the right to make changes to their privacy statement without prior notice at any time. Any changes will be automatically published on this page.
Current version: December 2019